What are the pre-requisite to apply for WhatsApp Business API?
There are majorly 2 requirements to apply for WhatsApp Business API apart from the Business Registration:
1. Verified Facebook Business Manager ID. This isn't a necessary pre-requisite anymore but without a verified Facebook Business Manager, you will have limited access to WhatsApp Business API. To enjoy unrestricted access, get your FB Business manager Verified.
2. A proper Business Website with all your Business details.
3. A fresh phone number on which WhatsApp Business API will be procured. Fresh Number implies that the number shouldn’t be registered on any WhatsApp App at the moment.
How to apply for WhatsApp Business API?
There is an application form for WhatsApp Business API. One just needs to fill that on behalf of the company. This includes basic details of the Business and some specific entries related to the WhatsApp Business API. Click here for the WhatsApp Business API application form.
Check out the complete guide on how to apply for WhatsApp Business API with AiSensy.
Are there any restrictions on some companies on applying WhatsApp Business API?
Yes, there are some companies that are restricted to procure the WhatsApp Business API. These are essentially those companies that deal in illegal products & services, unsafe indigestible supplements, alcohol etc.
Check the complete document in WhatsApp Legal Commerce Policy here.
How to get your Facebook Business Manager ID verified?
Here are the steps to get the Facebook Business Manager ID verified:
1. Log in to the FB account which has admin access to the Facebook Business Manager account.
2. Visit this link and select the Business Manager (in case you have multiple Business Managers) which has the company’s page.
3. Click on the “Start Verification” button under the Business Verification section and complete the verification process by providing details of the company.
4. All the details that will be filled in this form are not at all related to the WhatsApp Business API. It’s just for the Facebook Business Manager. They both are mutually exclusive.
Check the step-by-step guide to get your Facebook Business Manager Verification done.
Note: If the “Start Verification” button is not active, jump on to the next question! 👇
What if the “Start Verification” button isn't clickable / doesn't show?
Many customers face the issue where the 'Start Verification' Button does not show or isn't visible.
This generally happens as you haven't completely submitted your Business details to Facebook Business Manager.
Here are the steps to activate the “Start Verification” button:
1. Create an app for the Facebook Business Manager. Go to this link and select “Get Started” or “My Apps” from the menu bar.
2. Create an app by clicking on the “Create App” button.
3. Once done, go back to the verification page and refresh. This will activate the “Start Verification” button.
Check out how to enable Start Verification Button in case it isn't showing/ isn't visible during Facebook Business Manager Verification process.
How long it takes to get the Facebook Business Manager ID verified?
It usually takes 1-3 days to get the Facebook Business Manager ID-verified. If there is some problem in the application form then Facebook updates you regarding that so you can correct it. Facebook usually matches the company details & documents with the company presence on Facebook and Google.
What’s Facebook Business Manager and how to create one?
Facebook Business Manager is a tool that allows you to manage multiple Facebook Pages, business assets and ad accounts, as well as Instagram accounts and product catalogues, in one place. Visit this link to create a Facebook Business Manager Account.